In the yearly match, we plan to offer 7-9 categorical PGY-1 positions, depending on how many PGY-3 residents leave at the end of each academic year for child/adolescent psychiatry fellowships.
Applicants must be a graduate of a LCME/AOA approved medical school, or possess ECFMG certification. Each applicant will be required to submit through ERAS the following materials:
- Current copy of the curriculum vitae (CV)
- Three current letters of recommendation
- USMLE or COMLEX results
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcripts
- Medical school Dean’s Letter
Applications to the Psychiatry program for the March match will be accepted only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The application deadline for the yearly match is October first of each year.
What we are looking for . . .
- Strong clinical performance as demonstrated by letters of recommendation and the medical school Dean’s Letter (MSPE)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills as demonstrated by the interview process
Applications are carefully reviewed by the Program Director; those who are chosen for an interview will be contacted by the Program Director by e-mail to schedule an interview date. The interviews will take place from November through December. As slots fill up rapidly, applicants are encouraged to complete their applications as soon as possible.
Further information . . .
For any other questions about application to our residency program please contact Priscilla Verales (email@example.com), our Residency Coordinator.